Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Year in Review: Farewell From Our KEYS Members

It's hard to believe a little over ten months ago was my first day at Brashear. I have so many memories it seems like it could have been years, but with being so busy I look back and realize how quickly it's gone.

Let's get the sappy stuff out of the way first: I'd like to thank the incredible staff at The Brashear Association for doing what they do every single day. They're truly a fantastic bunch of people working towards making South Pittsburgh a better place for everybody. Maggie and I are extremely lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such a knowledgeable team and I think it's an understatement to say that the experiences we've gained this year are irreplaceable.

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate and thank our fellow Education Department staff, Renee and Amber, because this year would not have been half as wonderful as it was without the two of them. They both have worked so hard to ensure that the kids had a great year, but also so that Maggie and I had a positive experience as KEYS members.

Our last day as Brashear staff will be tomorrow as we wrap up our second week of summer camp and I've already had kids singing me farewell songs and making goodbye cards. I'm feeling very bittersweet about it all, but alas everything must come to an end. Brashear is looking forward to hiring two new great KEYS AmeriCorps members for the '13-'14 school year so be sure to stay tuned for details!

Advice to future KEYS members: Appreciate every day with your kids even when they make you a little crazy, I can't believe how much I'll miss them. Don't forget to take pictures, not only will you need some to use for KEYS paperwork at the end of the year, but you wouldn't want to forget any of the fun stuff you did all year right?!

Ten months, two afterschool programs, and one hundred-some kids later I would like to share some of my favorite memories from the year. I've taken more pictures than I can even count but here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!
















-Annie & Maggie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...