Wednesday, January 30, 2019



              Hello!  My name is Zach Volpe and I am ALEC’s new AmeriCorps Teacher.  I have been serving with AmeriCorps for about a year now and am very excited to be at Brashear Association.  Since graduating from Duquesne University in 2014, I have been striving to help our youth out in any way possible.  I’ve spent time coaching youth basketball and baseball teams as well as helping high school baseball players through the recruiting process who wish to play at the next level.  For the last year, I’ve focused on helping from an educational and social standpoint through AmeriCorps KEYS!  I am very excited to get to know the Allentown community and its future AKA the children growing up here!
                There are many interests that I hope to bring to the table but some of my personal hobbies include snowboarding, hiking, kayaking, gaming, and gardening!  I grew up in Du Bois, PA which is about two hours north of the city but have also spent time in Pittsburgh as well as South Baltimore.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, I’m a huge Bucs fan as well as Steelers and Pens fan. 
             Cheers,
             Zach Volpe


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...