Monday, June 30, 2014

RiverQuest: It's Alive! Ecoadventure

We enjoyed a beautiful day on the river with our students, which was made possible through our connection to the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Thank you CLP!

During week two of our summer camp at ALEC, we went on a field trip to Pittsburgh's North Shore and boarded the RiverQuest"RiverQuest {formerly known as Pittsburgh Voyager, Inc.}is a non-profit educational organization that operates a river learning center for students, teachers and the community of Southwestern Pennsylvania...RiverQuest's educational philosophy is familiar and time-tested: Tell me, I'll forget; Show me, I might remember; Involve me, I'll understand."  

 As the students explored our three rivers, they learned about the rivers' ecosystems and the food chain. With microscopes, they studied phytoplankton and zooplankton.




Pittsburgh's rivers are teeming with wildlife. Once the science experiments were finished, they spent a little time out on the dock, searching for birds with binoculors. 


- Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...