Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A wrap on the first half of the year



Hello, it’s me, chiming back in! With the year coming to a close, I wanted to pop back in to reflect on a terrific first half of Brashear Kids After School programming.

Since I began back in August, I have certainly learned a lot. From getting introduced to Pittsburgh, Brashear, ALEC, our staff, Allentown, our partners, our neighbors, families, and kids, I have certainly had my hands full! Each day has been an adventure, and I am thankful for the wealth of knowledge and experience everyone has provided me with.







From homework help, to managing behavior, to dreaming up and facilitating Dude Time lessons, to watching other passionate educators engage with the students, and to watching these amazingly talented, incredibly kind-hearted, sometimes goofy kiddos learn, develop and grow each day... the past four months have surely been quite the treat. We could not have had as much learning, fun, or success without the help of our partners at Venture Outdoors, the YMCA Homewood, Strong Women Strong Girls, Big Brother Big Sisters, and many many more. 


A special Happy Holidays wish to my core team: Ms. Dianna and Ms. Christa! These two ladies have been so patient in getting me on my feet, and so inspirational with the unique talents they bring to this program. Without them, ALEC would not be nearly as amazing as it is today.

As we look towards the New Year, I cannot wait to see what it has in store. I look forward to continuing on with these adventures, meeting new faces along the way, and growing just a little bit with each step.

Happy holidays, and have a safe and happy new year!
Ms. Arielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...