Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let Me Introduce Myself: Laura Ramie

We previously shared our relationship with AmeriCorps and a brief interview from one of our new AmeriCorps KEYS members, Emily. Today we would like introduce our other KEYS member, Laura, and share a little about her.


Name: Laura Ramie

Age: 24

From: Fremont, California 

Enjoys: Painting, swing dancing, playing cards, listening to NPR and watching baseball

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be: Whimsical

In one sentence how would you describe Pittsburgh: Cute hilly sports town in love with French Fries and Dinosaurs.

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?
Watership Down, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and my Sketchbook

If you could have any pet in the world what would it be and why?
A capybara. There are so many reasons... I love guinea pigs, and I would want their largest relative. Plus capybaras are really mellow, they like to swim and their ears flutter when they're happy.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs. While I like cats, I would not choose one over the good-natured friendliness of a dog.

Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?
Chocolate, by a slight win.

Who has been the biggest influence on your life? My dad. He has taught me to love whole-heartedly, be myself, be curious, independent and enjoy learning. He encouraged me to follow an art career and believes in me more than anyone else.

How would you like to be remembered?
As someone with a positive attitude. I'd like people to remember me as being helpful and wanting to do some good, a little person with surprising gusto, a champion for the small and weak, the underdogs, the earth and animals. A person with a few good ideas. Maybe also they will remember my paintings.


Laura will be teaching our second and third grade class at Grandview Elementary and our fourth and fifth grade class at Phillips Elementary.

Welcome Laura!

To see an interview with Emily, our other AmeriCorps KEYS member, go here.

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...