Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Let Me Introduce Myself: Steven

Hey there!  I am one half of the new AmeriCorps member team placed at the Brashear Association.  To find out a little about me, read below!


Name: Steven Goebel

Age: 22

From: Bemus Point, NY

School: State University of New York at Geneseo 

Major: Sociology with a minor in Urban Studies

Enjoys: Video games, tennis, soccer, biking, sleeping, trying new foods, spending time with friends, and reading

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be: Sincere

In one sentence how would you describe Pittsburgh: In my limited experience, I have to go with serene.  The incorporation of parks and the river into the design of the city (which I now understand extends beyond downtown…) makes it a true marvel to behold; the city of bridges is a great place to live!

If you were shipwrecked on a volcanic island what 3 things would you bring:
1) Hammock
2) Sunglasses
3) the book Gulliver’s Travels

If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be and why: A Siberian tiger cub because I could tame it young to trust me, and then we could live somewhere cold – it would be the ultimate survival pet!

Cats or dogs: Is it too much to ask for both?

Vanilla or chocolate ice cream: Chocolateeeeeeeee

Who has been the biggest influence in your life: My mother; I have watched her over the years as she raised my siblings and me on her own and put us through college.  In the midst of the storms of life, she never wavers from what she believes and acts selflessly when others need help.  She’s not perfect, and that has shown me that I can’t expect to be either.


How would you like to be remembered: As a loyal and helpful friend.


Here's hoping this year is awesome - it will be what we make it!

- Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...