Thursday, October 2, 2014

Let Me Introduce Myself: John

Hi. I'm the other KEYS Service Corps AmeriCorps member serving at the Brashear Association this year. Read on to find out what I'm about!


Name: John

Age: 23

From: Grove City, Pennsylvania

Enjoys: Drawing, biking, hiking, kayaking, science fiction, cooking, and theater.

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be? Succinct!

In one sentence, how would you describe Pittsburgh?
A patchwork quilt of small town charm, global metropolis, and everything in between.

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island, what three books would you want with you?
1.) The Birthday of the World
2.) Dune
3.) The Wind's Twelve Quarters

If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be and why?
I'd choose a Russian silver fox, because they are sweet and friendly like dogs but clever and independent like cats. Also, the adoption proceeds support domestication research.

Cats or Dogs?
Dogs.

Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?
Chocolate & vanilla swirl.

 Who has been the biggest influence on your life?
My parents. They taught me to love learning and gave me every opportunity to do so. Thanks anyway, Mom and Dad!

How would you like to be remembered?
Fondly and often! I want to be thought of as a positive influence who did all he could for others.


I will be tutoring and mentoring students at the Allentown Learning & Engagement Center, and leading them in science, community, and art activities. I hope you follow along on our adventures and discoveries this year!

- John

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...