Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Let Me Introduce Myself: Corey

As the new KEYS Service Corps - AmeriCorps member at The Brashear Association, I think it's about time I say hello and let you know more about me since you'll be seeing me around this year.



Name: Corey

Age: 25 

From: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Enjoys: Nature, Ice-Cream, Meditation, Sitting by a Fire, Reading, Camping, Laughing & Science

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Mindful

In one sentence how would you describe Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh is a crazy community full of people trying to have a laugh and make a meaningful life. 

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what three books would you want with you?
1.) Essays on Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
2.) Tao Te Ching by Laozi
3.) Edible Wild Plants Field Guide (obviously)

If you could have any pet in the world what would it be and why?
I would definitely choose a Red Panda because they are so adorable! They look like a mix between a raccoon, a cat, and a bear. (Google now please?)

Cats or dogs?
Dogs! I love both, but you can’t beat a friendly, cuddly dog who wants to learn tricks for food.

Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?
10 years ago I would not have hesitated to scream Vanilla. But now, I’m thinking chocolate; yeah chocolate sounds nice.

Who has been the biggest influence on your life? My mother has definitely been my biggest influence. She and I were a dynamic duo throughout my life and she taught me a lot about being a good person and overcoming obstacles. 


How would you like to be remembered? I would like to be remembered as a compassionate person who challenged others to be congruent between their values and actions and supported others to live life deliberately.


I will be mentoring elementary aged students and teaching Culture Days at the Allentown Learning & Engagement Center, as well as, teaching the after-school art program, New Artists, at Phillip's Elementary. I'm excited to share my adventures with you this year!

- Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...